The Foundation's major objective is to develop and implement a support infrastructure to assist entrepreneurs to develop, innovate and partner with other enterprises.
Economies need entrepreneurs as they are the life blood of a business orientated society. Enterprises that are started by entrepreneurs add to the competitive spirit of the economy, as existing enterprises are forced to compete with the ideas and methods of newer firms and come up with more efficient business strategies.
In today’s global economy it is vital for enterprises – in particular small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) - to expand their horizons and develop relationships with enterprises in other countries.
It is commonly held that there are six “Pillars” of Entrepreneurship that are considered essential to the development of entrepreneurs:
- Business Facilitation
- Finance Availability
- Government Policy
- Talent and Education
The Foundation has developed, and is continuing to develop, activities to turn each of these six pillars into practical action. The initial actions so far are:
- Euro-Caribbean Enterprise Partnership Service (ECEPS) - We are looking to expand this serivce to other parts of the world during 2015
- International Workshops/Events – specifically with the European Union
- Development of targeted International Training – specifically with European Union training institutions
- General support to Enterprises to develop International Trade with the European Union
- CREATE - Assessing your Entrepreneurial Skills - A self assessment Tool
- Support to assist in International Enterprise fundraising from the European Union
Website Structure ........
This website has has a number of distinct components:
TFEP activities relating to Entreprenership - including eduation/training, self assessment tool, events posting and support networks.
Country specific pages - see tab "Country Support" - where you can check on current TFEP activities in specific countries, where we have local representation.
Euro-Caribbean Enterprise Partnership Service (ECEPS) - This is a place where enterprises can register their request/offer for partnership at NO COST with the intention of securing a partnership with a suitable organisation in order for them to develop a productive relationship.
According to a recent survey of 120,000 people aged between 18 and 30 in 27 countries, more than two thirds see opportunities in becoming an entrepreneur. That signals a cultural shift.
"Young people see how entrepreneurship is doing great things in other places and want to give it a try" notes Jonathan Ortmans of the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation.
International Network for Small and Medium Sized Enterprises - INSME